Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan 2021 for Water Conservation in Gujarat :
Hello and welcome Friends.
You are once again very welcome to the New Bharti News blog.
We keep bringing you all kinds of new information every time.
This New Bharti News blog is always available to you through government schemes, government recruitment, private sector recruitment, new schemes of Gujarat government or central government, and useful materials for preparation of competitive examinations.
Gujarat govt. to launch 4th phase of Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan 2021 for women conservation, create an additional capacity of rain water storage, ponds & check dams to be deepened
Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan Detail :
Gujarat state government has asked the Water Resources Department to undertake 4th phase of Sujalam Sufalam Water Yojana from 1 April to 31 May 2021.
Under this scheme, govt. carries out various works such as deepening of lakes, de-silting and repairing of existing water bodies, cleaning, repairing and maintenance of water canals, cleaning of rivers, ponds and others to revive the river.
In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Scheme.
Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan Launch :
On the 58th Foundation Day of Gujarat (1 May 2018), CM Vijay Rupani had launched Sujlam Suflam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan for water conservation.
Gujarat govt. had started this campaign from the Ankleshwar Tehsil located in the Bharuch district. Under this abhiyan, govt. main focus was on creating an additional capacity of 11000 lakh sq.ft of rain water storage.
In addition to this, around 13,000 ponds and check dams had to be deepened along with restoration of conventional water resources.
Progress of Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan till 2021
Here is the progress report of Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Scheme till FY 2021:-
As many as 16,170 lakes have been cleaned and deepened since SSWY began in 2018.
In addition, de-silting of 8,107 check-dams and 462 reservoirs has been undertaken.
Repairing of 2,239 check-dams has been done.
Construction of 568 new lakes and 1,079 new check-dams has also been completed over the past three years.
As a result of these works, the water harvesting capacity of the state has increased by 42,064 lakh cubic feet in the last three years, claimed the Gujarat government.
Need for Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan :
Water is the essential resource for the holistic development of the state. Govt. now realizes this thing and is making consistent efforts towards water conservation.
CM Vijay Rupani had himself run a JCB Machine to dig out soil for the construction of pond in Kosmadi village while marking the official launch of the Sujalam Sufalam Water Yojana back in year 2018.
Restoration of all the traditional water sources will give a boost to the economy of the state. Moreover, this abhiyan will also provide employment opportunities to the people to earn their livelihood.
Salient Features of Sujalam Sufalam Water Yojana :
- The important features and highlights of this water conservation campaign during its launch in 2018 years were as follows:-
- Under this Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Scheme, the target was to conserve the conventional water resources and to deepen around 13,000 ponds and check dams.
- This Sujalam Sufalam Water Yojana targeted to create an additional 11,000 lakh sq. ft capacity of rain water storage.
- For Sujlam Suflam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan, more than 4000 JCB Hitachi Machines were to be used for soil excavation.
- In addition to this, around 8000 more tractors and dumpers were also to be used for this purpose.
- All the fertile soil coming out as a result of the deepening of ponds and check-dams were to be given to the general public without a single penny of royality.
- The primary focus of this campaign was to revive 32 rivers having length of 340 km in 30 districts of Gujarat.
- Even a small pond construction in Kosmadi of around 27 hectares was aimed to resolve the water problem of around 25 villages.
- Canals having length of approx. 5400 km and small water channels with around 580 km of length were to be cleaned in this water conservation drive.
- Furthermore, govt. had to carry out around 10,750 water conservation and protection works under MNREGA Scheme.
- Important Links :
- Official Website : Click Here
Various Other Programmed :
CM also launched various other programmes like Kabirvad Development Project (approx. 40 crore), Mukhyamantri Apprentice Yojana to provide Rs. 4500 per month as stipend (approx. 300 crore) and subsidized PNG to BPL families along with this water conservation scheme.